Ukulele Workshops – Millennium Plaza, 21 S. Stolp Ave
- Fingerpicking 101: Lil’ Rev 11:15 – 12:00 This is an intro level course designed to get the student acquainted with familiar patterns, song accompaniment, technique and form.
- Beatles Songs: Carl Hix 12:15 – 1:00 Learn many Beatles songs; three chords and beyond.
- Become One with the Strum: Ben Hassenger 1:15 – 2:00 Learning to play a variety of strums makes your playing more interesting to and your audience. We’ll explore folk, calypso, rock, polka, ska and reggae strums along with the incredibly versatile “Benstrum” using some of your favorite songs (Confident Beginner)
- Beginner Uke: Aaron Baer 2:15 – 3:00 Yes! You can play! Learn basic chords C, G, D, F and a song.
- Movable Chord Shapes: Kevin Presbrey 3:15 – 4:00 For players who know the basic major and minor chord shapes.
- UKE-TET! Chamber-made music for Uke Ensemble: Meg Papadolias 4:15 – 5:00 Listen to the GOOD VIBRATIONS STRUMMERS from the former John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School share some of their Chamber Music with you. Join in playing with the group. Shared songs will include both musical notation and tablature.
Ukulele Workshop on the Alley Park Stage
(access from Water Street)
- • Learn “One Meatball”: Lil’ Rev 2:15 – 3:00 Learn to play this classic tune, along with picking pattern, strum, solo and strum hand technique. All levels